Get the Perfect Smile with Porcelain Veneers in Lawrenceville!
As you strike up a conversation with a person you’ve just met, you can’t help but to wonder whether he or she notices the imperfections in your smile. According to the results of a recent study, the individual probably has taken notice of your flaws. This is based on data that shows that one-third of Americans polled said the first thing they notice about a person is his or her teeth. Is there a way that you can improve your smile and make a better first impression? Your dentist offers a simple, easy route with porcelain veneers in Lawrenceville. Learn more about them as you read on.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells made from dental-grade ceramic that fit over your existing front teeth. They are custom-made to very closely match the color of your natural teeth to provide a seamless look of smile perfection.
Veneers can be used to mask gaps, slight misalignment, crookedness, crowding and stains. They require a simple two-visit process to be applied.
How the Porcelain Veneers Process Works
The steps to getting smile perfection are fast and easy:
- First, your dentist will apply a numbing agent to prevent any sensitivity.
- He will then remove a thin layer of enamel (the outer portion of your teeth), so that your new veneers can fit properly.
- Next, he’ll take bite impressions and measurements that will be sent to an in-network lab that will fabricate your permanent veneers.
- In the interim, you’ll be fitted with a set of temporary shells.
- When the permanent set is ready, you’ll return to your dentist’s office to have the temporary set removed and then fitted with your new porcelain veneers.
You’ll leave with a perfected smile!
I Want to Make Sure My Veneers Last
Properly cared for, your veneers can last up to 10 or more years. Here are some things to keep in mind to encourage longevity:
- Be sure to practice excellent oral hygiene. Although your veneers are not subject to decay, the teeth that support them still are. Thus, if your gums and teeth show signs of decay, your veneers may unseat, destroying your beautiful new smile.
- You should avoid using your teeth as tools. This could lead to serious problems, including dental emergencies. For your veneers, biting on a package to tear it open or attempting to twist off a bottle cap with your teeth can cause them to fall out. Your teeth should only be used to bite into and chew food.
- Visit your dentist on a regular basis. Preventive care appointments provide you with clean teeth and allow your dentist to monitor the condition of your oral health and porcelain veneers. Thus, you’ll be able to get the most out your custom shells.
With porcelain veneers, you’ll no longer have to worry about how the person you meet will judge your teeth, and you’ll enjoy the confidence of knowing that you have smile perfection! Contact your dentist in Lawrenceville for a consultation today!
About the Author
A graduate of the University of Florida College of Dentistry, Dr. Bruce Carter has over 30 years of experience practicing in the dental field. Striving to be the best, he has also completed the Cosmetic Dentistry Continuum Level II at the Louisiana State University School of Dentistry. Dr. Carter combines his advanced skills and years of experience to guide patients to smile perfection at Transforming Smiles. He can be reached for more information through his website.
You’ve heard about how important it is to visit your dentist, but you’re wondering, “Why?” If your mouth, teeth and gums feel fine, then why do you still need to see your local professional? Preventive care visits are one of the pillars of consistently excellent oral health, and as you read on, your dentist in … Continue reading “Your Dentist in Lawrenceville Explains Why You Should Pay a Visit”Read more >>
When you’re missing your teeth, life is full of inconveniences and you run the risk of losing valuable bone mass. Thankfully, there’s a way to fully restore the function and aesthetics of your teeth with dental implants in Lawrenceville. For the procedure to be successful, though, it’s important to have the right professional providing care. … Continue reading “Get the Right Dentist to Place Dental Implants in Lawrenceville”Read more >>
You’ve been told that your child needs to have his or her wisdom tooth pulled, but everybody’s busy, so you’re wondering how you’ll be able to manage this. As you read on, your dentist in Lawrenceville will provide helpful tips for how to get this done while juggling your hectic schedule. Additionally, you’ll learn how … Continue reading “Your Dentist in Lawrenceville Says be Wise – Get the Wisdom Tooth Pulled”Read more >>
For a while now, you’ve been living without the function and appearance of a full set of teeth. Not only has this made life harder, but it also has affected your confidence. You’ve decided to do something about, though. The problem is that you just don’t know what. As you read on, your local dentist … Continue reading “Living with Missing Teeth? You Need Dental Implants in Lawrenceville!”Read more >>