Get the Perfect Smile with Porcelain Veneers in Lawrenceville!
As you strike up a conversation with a person you’ve just met, you can’t help but to wonder whether he or she notices the imperfections in your smile. According to the results of a recent study, the individual probably has taken notice of your flaws. This is based on data that shows that one-third of Americans polled said the first thing they notice about a person is his or her teeth. Is there a way that you can improve your smile and make a better first impression? Your dentist offers a simple, easy route with porcelain veneers in Lawrenceville. Learn more about them as you read on.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells made from dental-grade ceramic that fit over your existing front teeth. They are custom-made to very closely match the color of your natural teeth to provide a seamless look of smile perfection.
Veneers can be used to mask gaps, slight misalignment, crookedness, crowding and stains. They require a simple two-visit process to be applied.
How the Porcelain Veneers Process Works
The steps to getting smile perfection are fast and easy:
- First, your dentist will apply a numbing agent to prevent any sensitivity.
- He will then remove a thin layer of enamel (the outer portion of your teeth), so that your new veneers can fit properly.
- Next, he’ll take bite impressions and measurements that will be sent to an in-network lab that will fabricate your permanent veneers.
- In the interim, you’ll be fitted with a set of temporary shells.
- When the permanent set is ready, you’ll return to your dentist’s office to have the temporary set removed and then fitted with your new porcelain veneers.
You’ll leave with a perfected smile!
I Want to Make Sure My Veneers Last
Properly cared for, your veneers can last up to 10 or more years. Here are some things to keep in mind to encourage longevity:
- Be sure to practice excellent oral hygiene. Although your veneers are not subject to decay, the teeth that support them still are. Thus, if your gums and teeth show signs of decay, your veneers may unseat, destroying your beautiful new smile.
- You should avoid using your teeth as tools. This could lead to serious problems, including dental emergencies. For your veneers, biting on a package to tear it open or attempting to twist off a bottle cap with your teeth can cause them to fall out. Your teeth should only be used to bite into and chew food.
- Visit your dentist on a regular basis. Preventive care appointments provide you with clean teeth and allow your dentist to monitor the condition of your oral health and porcelain veneers. Thus, you’ll be able to get the most out your custom shells.
With porcelain veneers, you’ll no longer have to worry about how the person you meet will judge your teeth, and you’ll enjoy the confidence of knowing that you have smile perfection! Contact your dentist in Lawrenceville for a consultation today!
About the Author
A graduate of the University of Florida College of Dentistry, Dr. Bruce Carter has over 30 years of experience practicing in the dental field. Striving to be the best, he has also completed the Cosmetic Dentistry Continuum Level II at the Louisiana State University School of Dentistry. Dr. Carter combines his advanced skills and years of experience to guide patients to smile perfection at Transforming Smiles. He can be reached for more information through his website.
April has been designated as National Oral Cancer Awareness Month. Thus, dentists around the country are making an effort to raise the awareness about this disease that over 40,000 Americans are diagnosed with every year and over 10,000 will succumb to. Your dentist in Lawrenceville is weighing in to do his part by reminding you … Continue reading “Your Dentist in Lawrenceville Joins You in Fighting Oral Cancer!”Read more >>
When you take the time to brush and floss your teeth each day, you know that you are being proactive about your oral health to foster a healthy smile, but did you know that you are also reducing your risk for heart disease? New research has found a direct link between the health of your … Continue reading “Protect Your Gum and Heart Health with Your Dentist in Lawrenceville”Read more >>
It’s been far too long since you last enjoyed the flavor of your favorite foods or felt comfortable talking to people, unworried about what they’d think about your appearance. The problem is that you have missing teeth and have suffered greatly as a result. That’s why your local dentist recommends dental implants in Lawrenceville to … Continue reading “5 Things You Should Know About Dental Implants in Lawrenceville”Read more >>
Do you have missing teeth? The best thing that you can do for yourself and your smile is to replace your missing teeth. Why? There are many after effects that come with missing teeth can be detrimental to the rest of your body’s health. When considering whether or not to replace your teeth, you know … Continue reading “Dental Implants in Lawrenceville Offer More Benefits!”Read more >>