5 Things You Should Know About Dental Implants in Lawrenceville
It’s been far too long since you last enjoyed the flavor of your favorite foods or felt comfortable talking to people, unworried about what they’d think about your appearance. The problem is that you have missing teeth and have suffered greatly as a result. That’s why your local dentist recommends dental implants in Lawrenceville to restore your smile, confidence and way of life, but first he wants you to know 5 things about the process to be revealed as you continue reading.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are posts that are surgically inserted into your jawbone. Usually made of titanium, which is a biocompatible material, they fuse with you existing bone structure. After the fusing is done and your face and gums have healed, you’ll then return to your dentist to have either a crown, bridge or implant-supported dentures placed.
5 Facts About the Dental Implant Procedure
Here are 5 things you should know about the dental implant procedure that make it very advantageous:
- A High Success Rate – There are no absolutes in life, so implants will work better for some people than others. It’s important to note, though, that the oral health of the patient, where in the jaw the implants are placed and the expertise of the dentist, have effects on the success of the procedure. With that in mind, it’s still comforting to know that the success rate of implants is still as high as 95%.
- Look and Feel Natural – Another very attractive advantage of dental implants is that they leave you looking and feeling natural. This attests to the value of the pre-procedure work that your dentist does to capture images of your mouth so that your permanent fixtures will be completely customized just for you.
- Easier to Eat with – One of the most bothersome aspects of having missing teeth, is that you can’t enjoy the foods that excite you. But with your new dental implants and permanent fixtures, you’ll once again experience the joy of biting down into your favorite edible delight.
- Act as Roots – Maybe the most important aspect of dental implants is that they act as the roots of your teeth. That means they offer a great deal of support for your other ivories by sending a message to your jawbone to continue producing new material. This is because your entire oral bone structure depends on the tension created by all of your teeth, so when there is a prolonged absence of pressure, your face begins to collapse.
- Doesn’t Impact Your Other Healthy Teeth – A final benefit of the dental implant procedure is that it doesn’t require any material from your other teeth to be sacrificed. For example, a normal process for receiving a dental bridge can involve your oral expert removing some parts of your adjacent healthy teeth to ensure the proper balance of the bridge. There will no need for that with the dental implant procedure.
So if you’re tired of suffering from low self-esteem and poor function, then today is the day to act on it by contacting your oral expert to schedule your first visit, so that you can taste wonderful flavors and experience the feeling of having a beautiful smile.
About the Author
Practicing for over 30 years, Dr. Bruce Carter earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Florida College of Dentistry. He is also a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, with training in implant placement. Dr. Carter practices at Transforming Smiles and can be reached for more information through his website.
April has been designated as National Oral Cancer Awareness Month. Thus, dentists around the country are making an effort to raise the awareness about this disease that over 40,000 Americans are diagnosed with every year and over 10,000 will succumb to. Your dentist in Lawrenceville is weighing in to do his part by reminding you … Continue reading “Your Dentist in Lawrenceville Joins You in Fighting Oral Cancer!”Read more >>
When you take the time to brush and floss your teeth each day, you know that you are being proactive about your oral health to foster a healthy smile, but did you know that you are also reducing your risk for heart disease? New research has found a direct link between the health of your … Continue reading “Protect Your Gum and Heart Health with Your Dentist in Lawrenceville”Read more >>
Do you have missing teeth? The best thing that you can do for yourself and your smile is to replace your missing teeth. Why? There are many after effects that come with missing teeth can be detrimental to the rest of your body’s health. When considering whether or not to replace your teeth, you know … Continue reading “Dental Implants in Lawrenceville Offer More Benefits!”Read more >>