5 Things You Should Know About Dental Implants in Lawrenceville
It’s been far too long since you last enjoyed the flavor of your favorite foods or felt comfortable talking to people, unworried about what they’d think about your appearance. The problem is that you have missing teeth and have suffered greatly as a result. That’s why your local dentist recommends dental implants in Lawrenceville to restore your smile, confidence and way of life, but first he wants you to know 5 things about the process to be revealed as you continue reading.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are posts that are surgically inserted into your jawbone. Usually made of titanium, which is a biocompatible material, they fuse with you existing bone structure. After the fusing is done and your face and gums have healed, you’ll then return to your dentist to have either a crown, bridge or implant-supported dentures placed.
5 Facts About the Dental Implant Procedure
Here are 5 things you should know about the dental implant procedure that make it very advantageous:
- A High Success Rate – There are no absolutes in life, so implants will work better for some people than others. It’s important to note, though, that the oral health of the patient, where in the jaw the implants are placed and the expertise of the dentist, have effects on the success of the procedure. With that in mind, it’s still comforting to know that the success rate of implants is still as high as 95%.
- Look and Feel Natural – Another very attractive advantage of dental implants is that they leave you looking and feeling natural. This attests to the value of the pre-procedure work that your dentist does to capture images of your mouth so that your permanent fixtures will be completely customized just for you.
- Easier to Eat with – One of the most bothersome aspects of having missing teeth, is that you can’t enjoy the foods that excite you. But with your new dental implants and permanent fixtures, you’ll once again experience the joy of biting down into your favorite edible delight.
- Act as Roots – Maybe the most important aspect of dental implants is that they act as the roots of your teeth. That means they offer a great deal of support for your other ivories by sending a message to your jawbone to continue producing new material. This is because your entire oral bone structure depends on the tension created by all of your teeth, so when there is a prolonged absence of pressure, your face begins to collapse.
- Doesn’t Impact Your Other Healthy Teeth – A final benefit of the dental implant procedure is that it doesn’t require any material from your other teeth to be sacrificed. For example, a normal process for receiving a dental bridge can involve your oral expert removing some parts of your adjacent healthy teeth to ensure the proper balance of the bridge. There will no need for that with the dental implant procedure.
So if you’re tired of suffering from low self-esteem and poor function, then today is the day to act on it by contacting your oral expert to schedule your first visit, so that you can taste wonderful flavors and experience the feeling of having a beautiful smile.
About the Author
Practicing for over 30 years, Dr. Bruce Carter earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Florida College of Dentistry. He is also a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, with training in implant placement. Dr. Carter practices at Transforming Smiles and can be reached for more information through his website.
When it comes to caring for your teeth, there are certain habits that need to be upheld. How can you do that, though, when a great deal of your day is spent at work? Your dentist in Lawrenceville says the secret is to create an environment at your job that is conducive to your oral … Continue reading “Tips for At-Work Dental Care from Your Dentist in Lawrenceville!”Read more >>
Are you living without your teeth? Has life been hard not being able to eat your favorite foods and speak with clarity? If so, then your dentist says you need dental implants in Lawrenceville. As you probe further, you’ll learn how the procedure works and why this is the most reliable method of replacing your … Continue reading “Your Dentist Says Dental Implants in Lawrenceville are Unmatched!”Read more >>
The last thing you want to be involved in is a dental emergency, but you never know when one can flare-up. What you do have control over, though, is how well you prepare for one. That’s why your emergency dentist in Lawrenceville has some tips for how to respond to some of the more common … Continue reading “Your Emergency Dentist in Lawrenceville Says Do This for Emergencies”Read more >>
If the thought of visiting a dentist elicits feelings of fear or anxiety, then you’re not alone. Over 40 million Americans have the same issue. The good thing is that these numbers can be significantly decreased as patients gain a greater understanding of the different methods and procedures set in place to make dental visits … Continue reading “Your Dentist in Lawrenceville Explains How to Overcome Dental Fears”Read more >>