5 Things You Should Know About Dental Implants in Lawrenceville
It’s been far too long since you last enjoyed the flavor of your favorite foods or felt comfortable talking to people, unworried about what they’d think about your appearance. The problem is that you have missing teeth and have suffered greatly as a result. That’s why your local dentist recommends dental implants in Lawrenceville to restore your smile, confidence and way of life, but first he wants you to know 5 things about the process to be revealed as you continue reading.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are posts that are surgically inserted into your jawbone. Usually made of titanium, which is a biocompatible material, they fuse with you existing bone structure. After the fusing is done and your face and gums have healed, you’ll then return to your dentist to have either a crown, bridge or implant-supported dentures placed.
5 Facts About the Dental Implant Procedure
Here are 5 things you should know about the dental implant procedure that make it very advantageous:
- A High Success Rate – There are no absolutes in life, so implants will work better for some people than others. It’s important to note, though, that the oral health of the patient, where in the jaw the implants are placed and the expertise of the dentist, have effects on the success of the procedure. With that in mind, it’s still comforting to know that the success rate of implants is still as high as 95%.
- Look and Feel Natural – Another very attractive advantage of dental implants is that they leave you looking and feeling natural. This attests to the value of the pre-procedure work that your dentist does to capture images of your mouth so that your permanent fixtures will be completely customized just for you.
- Easier to Eat with – One of the most bothersome aspects of having missing teeth, is that you can’t enjoy the foods that excite you. But with your new dental implants and permanent fixtures, you’ll once again experience the joy of biting down into your favorite edible delight.
- Act as Roots – Maybe the most important aspect of dental implants is that they act as the roots of your teeth. That means they offer a great deal of support for your other ivories by sending a message to your jawbone to continue producing new material. This is because your entire oral bone structure depends on the tension created by all of your teeth, so when there is a prolonged absence of pressure, your face begins to collapse.
- Doesn’t Impact Your Other Healthy Teeth – A final benefit of the dental implant procedure is that it doesn’t require any material from your other teeth to be sacrificed. For example, a normal process for receiving a dental bridge can involve your oral expert removing some parts of your adjacent healthy teeth to ensure the proper balance of the bridge. There will no need for that with the dental implant procedure.
So if you’re tired of suffering from low self-esteem and poor function, then today is the day to act on it by contacting your oral expert to schedule your first visit, so that you can taste wonderful flavors and experience the feeling of having a beautiful smile.
About the Author
Practicing for over 30 years, Dr. Bruce Carter earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Florida College of Dentistry. He is also a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, with training in implant placement. Dr. Carter practices at Transforming Smiles and can be reached for more information through his website.
You’ve heard about how important it is to visit your dentist, but you’re wondering, “Why?” If your mouth, teeth and gums feel fine, then why do you still need to see your local professional? Preventive care visits are one of the pillars of consistently excellent oral health, and as you read on, your dentist in … Continue reading “Your Dentist in Lawrenceville Explains Why You Should Pay a Visit”Read more >>
When you’re missing your teeth, life is full of inconveniences and you run the risk of losing valuable bone mass. Thankfully, there’s a way to fully restore the function and aesthetics of your teeth with dental implants in Lawrenceville. For the procedure to be successful, though, it’s important to have the right professional providing care. … Continue reading “Get the Right Dentist to Place Dental Implants in Lawrenceville”Read more >>
You’ve been told that your child needs to have his or her wisdom tooth pulled, but everybody’s busy, so you’re wondering how you’ll be able to manage this. As you read on, your dentist in Lawrenceville will provide helpful tips for how to get this done while juggling your hectic schedule. Additionally, you’ll learn how … Continue reading “Your Dentist in Lawrenceville Says be Wise – Get the Wisdom Tooth Pulled”Read more >>
For a while now, you’ve been living without the function and appearance of a full set of teeth. Not only has this made life harder, but it also has affected your confidence. You’ve decided to do something about, though. The problem is that you just don’t know what. As you read on, your local dentist … Continue reading “Living with Missing Teeth? You Need Dental Implants in Lawrenceville!”Read more >>