TeethXpress from BioHorizons
Many edentulous patients use traditional, removable dentures to replace missing teeth because they lack the bone density to support an implant-retained dental prosthetic or are unwilling to undergo the three plus month healing and osseointegration process before receiving their permanent smile restoration. At Transforming Smiles, we offer patients a fast, effective alternative to dentures or traditional dental implants: TeethXpress from BioHorizons. This revolutionary, immediate load dental implant technology allows patients with lost jawbone density to receive permanent, natural dental prosthetics in just one appointment.
TeethXpress from BioHorizons offers patients many advantages compared with other forms of dental implant technology even other immediate load implants. Some of the many benefits of TeethXpress include:
- Quick – In just one visit, patients receive beautiful, natural looking and feeling smile restorations. The customized TeethXpress from BioHorizons dental implants utilize Laser-Lok technology that improves the bond between the implant and bone and gum tissue enabling implants to immediately stabilize a full set of dentures.
- Personalized – TeethXpress from BioHorizons offers patients various sizes and shapes of implants and abutments (the connection between teeth and implant) making it possible for patients to receive a 100% customized treatment plan.
- No bone augmentation – Thanks to tapered short dental implants with Laser-Lok Complete technology, patients with minimal bone density are able to receive a TeethXpress from BioHorizonsdenture.
- Improved dental function – Compared with traditional dentures, patients with implant retained dental prosthetics of any kind experience up to 70% improvement in dental function when chewing and speaking.
- Increased rate of success – TeethXpress from BioHorizons has a 99.2% success rate, and is a viable option for many patients who are not typically considered candidates for dental implants.
The TeethXpress Process
The TeethXpress from BioHorizons implant placement and restoration attachment process can take up to 4 hours. Unless patients have a low threshold for pain or experience dental anxiety, the treatment is considered relatively painless and is performed using only local anesthetic. The procedure begins with the placement of between 4 and 6 evenly distributed dental implants. The denture is then attached to the implant using an abutment post to secure the prosthetic. That’s it. Once the new teeth are in place, they are secure and permanent. Following treatment, patients may experience minimal discomfort, but healing occurs very quickly. For a few weeks after the procedure, patients use a medicated mouth rinse to clean their dentures, and after, dentists recommend using a water pik to clean the prosthetic.
Find Out More
If you’re interested in finding out more about how the revolutionary TeethXpress from BioHorizons dental implant system can transform your smile, contact Transforming Smiles in Lawrenceville today.
The last thing you want to be involved in is a dental emergency, but you never know when one can flare-up. What you do have control over, though, is how well you prepare for one. That’s why your emergency dentist in Lawrenceville has some tips for how to respond to some of the more common … Continue reading “Your Emergency Dentist in Lawrenceville Says Do This for Emergencies”Read more >>
If the thought of visiting a dentist elicits feelings of fear or anxiety, then you’re not alone. Over 40 million Americans have the same issue. The good thing is that these numbers can be significantly decreased as patients gain a greater understanding of the different methods and procedures set in place to make dental visits … Continue reading “Your Dentist in Lawrenceville Explains How to Overcome Dental Fears”Read more >>
Have you been hard at work recently when a sudden sharp pain shoots through your mouth? Or, alternately, have you been going about daily life for several weeks now with a dull, persistent pain in your mouth? Toothaches can range from feeling intolerable to just being a minor annoyance. However, if you allow oral pain … Continue reading “Dentist in Lawrenceville Tells How to Handle a Toothache”Read more >>
If you have recently invested in dental implants in Lawrenceville – congratulations! You now have a comfortable, effective and stable tooth replacement that will help you eat, speak and smile with confidence. Dental implants are an investment in your health and happiness, and like any investment, you will want to protect it. With proper care, … Continue reading “How Dental Implants in Lawrenceville Can Last a Lifetime”Read more >>